Hello! I'm always looking out for more material: if you have anything you would like to share (especially relating to my Request List), please get in touch! Twitter: @malvernrailway.

Saturday 24 September 2016

More Pictures of Malvern Hanley Road

Time has caught me out again this week, so I've put together another quick set of pictures of Malvern Hanley Road from Michael Clemens' collection. The good news is I finally have the internet connection restored in my flat, so hopefully next week will give me an opportunity to write a more substantial update and to do some housekeeping on the blog. The pictures below show Hanley Road during its very last days, with the weeds well established and the site in general falling into disrepair. Perhaps ironically, many of the original photographs I have been donated show the line in a derelict state, as photographers often rushed out to snap the stations knowing they were about to be demolished. Indeed, I probably have more shots of ruined sites in my archives than I do of working railways! In any case, I hope you enjoy this next installment of Malvern's railway history:

No comments:

Post a Comment